.:: My Smitedin Build ::.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shamx
Very Active Member ++
Very Active Member ++

Nick-Name : Sham

PostSubject: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   12/31/2009, 12:31 pm

Ive been working on this for awhile and once i get the PVP section done imma post it on JSP, but lmk if i need to fix anything, and i will put the PVP section once Im done

This guide is for a smitedin which is one of the best chars in the game. The smitedin is a combination of a hammerdin and smiter which makes this pally a force to be wrecking with. With this setup pvm will be a lot easier than most chars (including the ubers) and in pvp give you a decent balanced chars which can kill a lot of different builds, I will be going over both. Well lets beginÖÖ.

Stats:
Strength: Enough for gear, for me thatís 103 for AP Enigma. But I have a maras, shako, +11 str rare ring, 20/18/8 anni and 19/18 torch so that means I need a base of 46 str which means 21 hard points into str.

Dexterity: This is entirely up to you, you have 2 options 0 dex or Max Block which is about 145ish, personally I went with 0 dex and still ended up with 71% block after all gear as an hdin.

Vitality:
All other points when done with strength and dexterity.

Energy:
0, with my build you wonít have too much mana problems.

Skills:
Defensive Tree:
-Prayer- 1pt
-Defiance-1pt
-Cleanse-1pt
-Vigor-Max
-Redemption-1pt
-Salvation-1pt
Offensive Tree:
-Might-1pt
-Blessed Aim-Max
-Concentration-Max
-Fanaticism-1pt (optionally u can add more at the cost of Holy Shield points)
Combat Tree:
-Smite-1pt
-Holy Bolt-1pt
-Charge-1pt
-Hammer-Max
-Holy Shield-Max or 20pts and all other pts go to Fanat

Gear:
Here is where the good stuff comes in:
As Hammerdin:

Armor:
Mp/Ap Enigma (If you go Mp no points ins str is required, I went Ap so I needed some str)

Weapon:
Hoto or Wizzy (wizzy for res and fcr, Hoto for res and +skills)
Shield:
Herald of Zakarum or Phoenix Monarch (Both work really well and with Phoenix you will never have mana problems)

Helm:
Shako or Crown of Ages (COA for Damage Reduction)

Belt:
Arachs or Verdungoes (Dungos for Damage Reduction)

Boots:
War Travs or Rare TriRes boots

Gloves:
Magefists (Mana Regen 20fcr, why not?)

Amulet:
Maras or Rare +2pally skill amulet

Rings:
2xSoj or 2x 10 fcr rings with rando mods (I went with the fcr rings and works out well for me)

Weapon Switch:
Best Call to Arms you can find, I get by with a 6 Battle Cry and 5 Battle Orders CS

Shield Switch:
A BO Spirit

Inventory:
Best Torch and Anni you can get (I got a 20/18/8 anni and 19/18 torch)
4x +4dex GC with rando res and fhr mods
Rest up to you, I filled them up with fhr, life and res scs. (I donít feel the need for pcombs and still hit about 13k damage)

Smiter Gear:

Armor:
Chains of Honor or Enigma (if you go Enigma try to find lifer/res scs)

Weapon:
Last Wish Phaseblade (any will do Im using a 354ed 62CB one) or Grief PB/Zerker

Shield:
Exile (preferred Eth Vortex but really any mid will do) or Herald of Zakarum (I used no eth ST Exile)

Helm:
Guillames Face (35% CB gets you to the 95% CB cap and suggest to socket with 15res/15ias jewel)

Belt:
If going with Grief Arachs if going with Last Wish Nosferatus (for IAS)

Boots:
Gore Riders with Grief or any Rare boots with Last Wish

Gloves:
Laying of Hands or Lavagouts (20ias and Chant) for Last Wish or Dracs for Grief (2x source of Lifetap better than one)

Amulet:
Highlords/Maras or +2pally ammy with mods

Rings:
1xRaven Frost, 1xBK or I go with 2x Raven Frost for the added dex for Max Block

Weapon Switch:
Best Call to Arms you can find, I get by with a 6 Battle Cry and 5 Battle Orders CS

Shield Switch:
A BO Spirit

Inventory:
Best Torch and Anni you can get (I got a 20/18/8 anni and 19/18 torch)
4x +6dex GC with rando res and fhr mods
Rest up to you, I filled them up with fhr, life and res scs. (I donít feel the need for pcombs)

Merc:
I run for Clan ChX (Chaos Channel) so I use an Act 1 Ice Merc:
-Ice Crusader Bow
-Eth Fortitude Armor (I use Wyrmhide at 2048 Defence)
-Eth Ralíd Andys ( for Strength and Ral to negate -fire res)

Alternatively if you donít run chaos you can use an Act 2 Insight Merc:
-Eth CV/Ca Insight (Highest Meditation you can find)
-Eth Fortitude Armor
-Eth Ralíd Andys

Game Tactics:
PVM:
Simple, hammer everything in sight (you will have 13k hammers with my build) in the encounter of DClone, Hammering him is enough (will take about 2-3min though) or switch to your smite gear and finish him off in about 15-20seconds. For semi ubers, in Furnace of Pain tele with hdin and clean everyone around Izual (you donít want a random guy Iron Maidening you and getting you killed) you can try hammering him but will take a long time and mana pots (unless you have an insight merc) or you can open a tp and switch to smite gear and finish him off in 10-20 seconds. In Matronís Den tele to Lilith and clean all mobs be careful here you can die easily here, Lilith plus harpy guys=dangerous so take your time while cleaning, then switch to smite gear and kill her (Hdin can do this but needs a bunch of Juvies). In the Forgotten Sands Duriel is usually close by so you can grab your smite gear right away and just smite him, may take a bit longer cause of his Holy Freeze aura.

Uber Trist:
Quite simple goto the fire underneath the box and get fade active. Then you can do 2 tactics either run at them or separate them, with this build you can take all 3 on +minions with very little problem, but just to be on the safe side what I do is trap Mephisto in his house then lure Baal or Diablo out and kill them after the 2 weaker ones are dead goto Mephs house and kill him. Easy as that. If I take all 3 on at the same time it takes about 1min to kill them all, by separating them it takes about 2-3min depending how long luring takes.
Back to top Go down
Gears
Very Active Member ++
Very Active Member ++

Nick-Name : Apple.

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   12/31/2009, 3:38 pm

Basically, an hdin with uber-smiter equipment.

Edit: For pvp, don't forget, exile is only GM on Zealers. Grief and up'd hoz are your best options. Inventory should be filled with 20/5's, as pcombs really aren't worth it (I've tried).

Edit2: What I did on mine last ladder was I put a high dex + resists + other mods jewel in a wizzy, and used that as my main on my hdin. Kept grief in my inventory (for gm duels) or on my secondary (post-prebuff). As for rings, I'd almost always use at least 1x 20 dex raven for the maxblock, cold sorb, and most importantly, antifreeze (so you can keep synching). Also, I went with a DS nigma so I would save hard stat points, and put those in vita instead (IMO, worth the sacrifice in defense). In pvp, Trangs>Magefists for hdins. Mana regen can be made up via potions. Cold resists cannot.

For PvP, you want maxblock. It won't take much dex, especially if you have a +HS CTA instead of just a normal one.
Back to top Go down
shamx
Very Active Member ++
Very Active Member ++

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/1/2010, 2:07 pm

Gears wrote:
Basically, an hdin with uber-smiter equipment.

Edit: For pvp, don't forget, exile is only GM on Zealers. Grief and up'd hoz are your best options. Inventory should be filled with 20/5's, as pcombs really aren't worth it (I've tried).

Edit2: What I did on mine last ladder was I put a high dex + resists + other mods jewel in a wizzy, and used that as my main on my hdin. Kept grief in my inventory (for gm duels) or on my secondary (post-prebuff). As for rings, I'd almost always use at least 1x 20 dex raven for the maxblock, cold sorb, and most importantly, antifreeze (so you can keep synching). Also, I went with a DS nigma so I would save hard stat points, and put those in vita instead (IMO, worth the sacrifice in defense). In pvp, Trangs>Magefists for hdins. Mana regen can be made up via potions. Cold resists cannot.

For PvP, you want maxblock. It won't take much dex, especially if you have a +HS CTA instead of just a normal one.

oooo, thnx for the nice feedback, ill put it in on the pvp section =D
Back to top Go down
xxsoul
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : SOUL

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/16/2010, 6:55 pm

nice dude i like ur build
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xxsoul
alabama-boy
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : Derrick/Kevin

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/16/2010, 8:10 pm

I don't get it. Is this one hybrid char or 2 different ones?
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Ag3ntOrange4
Kyle
Administrator
Administrator

Nick-Name : Kyle/Kail

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/16/2010, 9:07 pm

alabama-boy wrote:
I don't get it. Is this one hybrid char or 2 different ones?

one hybrid char

it has a hdin build with smiter gear switch

~I survived the 2012 apocalypse~
Back to top Go down
http://www.d2chaox.com
alabama-boy
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : Derrick/Kevin

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/17/2010, 2:23 am

Oh okay. Seems like a nice build
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Ag3ntOrange4
ChaoX-Czar
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : Czar

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/17/2010, 6:35 am

neat build
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/jon.czarnecki
shamx
Very Active Member ++
Very Active Member ++

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   1/18/2010, 12:25 am

ya worked wonders for me, guy only died if i was being a dumbass, but he was capable for a lot of things, i even went tanking all 3 ubers + minions at once and he didnt have any issues, just gotta becarful when you switch back to your hammer gear for cleaning up, you lose alot of res unless ur last wish fade is still active then you can walk into mephs house and chill there for a min or so and not get hurt much (idk y you would do that but im just pointing out how tankable he is lol).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:: My Smitedin Build ::.   

Back to top Go down

.:: My Smitedin Build ::.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1