Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : Matthew

PostSubject: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 12:35 pm

I have a WW barb right now with 2x ebotd zerks and am looking to respec it into a frenzy barb for full chaos. I was wonder what would be good weapons to use for a barb that will run full chaos for leechers?

I was thinking.
2x Eth Stormlashs (for static)
Back to top Go down
Gears
Very Active Member ++
Very Active Member ++

Nick-Name : Apple.

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 12:39 pm

I'd still rock an ebotdz for the leech + raw damage. Other weapon...iunno. Static sounds decent.

Edit: Also, I've had more success chaosing with a WW barb over frenzy barb. Less microclicking required, more targets hit/damage dealt per second imo.
Back to top Go down
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 12:44 pm

My WW does ok with 3 leechers, Weskimo watch me run and said it wasnt bad at all. I use nigma to telestop and reaper toll merc for decrep tho.
Back to top Go down
greeneyedtoo

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 12:52 pm

My frenzy uses ebotd in zerker and doom in zerker.
Might merc with pride.
Back to top Go down
alabama-boy
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

Nick-Name : Derrick/Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 4:46 pm

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=13602933&f=87

Good luck :-)
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Ag3ntOrange4
Dylan0410

Nick-Name : Dylan

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 5:25 pm

I don't think frenzy will kill fast enough to do any less than a 5 minute run though.. I would like to see you do a quick one.

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 5:29 pm

yeah I tried a frenzy barb with eth eternity, angelic set, beastz, nigma, arreats, etc

it /fails hard on desis
Back to top Go down
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 5:53 pm

Dragon_Legion wrote:
yeah I tried a frenzy barb with eth eternity, angelic set, beastz, nigma, arreats, etc

it /fails hard on desis
You hav eto know how to handle those situations. You need to spam War Cry at that seal as you take them out. Those are fast and deadly fuckers.

I am going to stick with my WW for now, I put pribe on merc and i am wearing fort and I do like 10-11k max damage
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 6:02 pm

why dont you try it out on single player and then, if you like how he works, remake him with your gear
Back to top Go down
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/25/2010, 6:15 pm

i dont like using those editors
Back to top Go down
TheWesDude
Very Active Member
Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/26/2010, 12:06 pm

for WW it is stupid to use 2x of the same weapon

for WW when using 2x weapons, it picks at random which weapon to swing on the next hit frame, uses that weapons IAS to determine what the hit frame # it is, and then swings that weapon, then picks the next weapon, uses that IAS to determine which frame it will hit on, and then swings that weapon.

when using WW, it only swings 1 weapon at a time. you might as well use a shield if you are using a 1h weapon or using 2x 1h weapon of the same kind. using diff weapons at least gives you a chance to hit with either weapon.

oh, and due to how WW hits are counted, only the last hit in that WW counts for on-hit or on-striking weapon procs. no other WW hit frame uses on-hit, on-striking, or on-attack weapon procs.
Back to top Go down
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/26/2010, 12:50 pm

so WW only uses 1 weapon?
Back to top Go down
TheWesDude
Very Active Member
Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/26/2010, 12:57 pm

WW only uses 1 weapon per hit frame, and it picks at random which to use.

Quote :

Many high level Barbarians choose Whirlwind as their main skill.
To best use Whirlwind, lead a group of monsters into a tight pack, then click past to the other side of the monsters. The Barbarian will fly through them damaging and destroying them very quickly.
Long Weapons such as Spears, and Polearms make Whirlwind even more effective as it will hit monsters in a wider radius.
Whirlwind consumes a lot of mana and puts you in close contact with monsters, so mana and life stealing weapons or items are necessary to use Whirlwind constantly, especially in Nightmare and Hell difficulties.
You cannot use potions or any inventory items while using Whirlwind.
Whirlwind does not work with: "On Attack", "On Striking", or "When You Kill an Enemy" item properties.
In Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, Whirlwind is affected by weapon speed as follows. After you click to start your Whirlwind attack, the game checks for a hit on a target in range at the 4th and 8th animation frames (recall that the game runs at 25 frames per second). After the first two "free" hit-checks, the frames elapsed in-between subsequent hit-checks will depend on your weapon speed. Note: increased attack speed from items outside your weapon DOES NOT affect whirlwind - only the speed of the weapon itself counts. The dependence on weapon speed is obtained by subtracting your weapon's increased attack speed (IAS) to its base weapon speed (the number between square brackets listed in the weapons section of the Arreat Summit) and checking where the number you obtain fits in the following table:

One-handed weapons
Breakpoints: 15, 10, -10, -34.
Number of frames in-between hit-checks after frame 8: 12, 10, 8, 6, 4

Two-handed weapons
Breakpoints: 15, 0, -10, -30, -60.
Number of frames in-between hit-checks after frame 8: 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4

Examples:

#1 War pike of quickness (two-handed weapon)
Base weapon speed: 20
Weapon increased attack speed: 40
Whirlwind speed: 20 - 40 = -20
Breakpoint reached: -10
Number of frames in-between checks: 8
Hit-checks at frames 4, 8, 16, 24, 32, etc.

#2 Falchion (one-handed weapon)
Base weapon speed: 20
Weapon increased attack speed: 0
Whirlwind speed: 20 - 0 = 20
Breakpoint reached: none
Number of frames in-between checks: 12
Hit-checks at frames: 4, 8, 20, 32, 44, etc.

#3 Grandfather colossus blade with 'Shael' (one-handed weapon)
Base weapon speed: 5
Weapon increased attack speed: 20
Whirlwind speed: 5 - 20 = -15
Breakpoint reached: -10
Number of frames in-between checks: 6
Hit-checks at frames: 4, 8, 14, 20, 26, etc.

Note: two-handed swords are treated as one-handed weapons for Whirlwind purposes, regardless of the sword being held in one-handed or two-handed mode. The above calculation for Grandfather therefore holds for any way the sword is held.

Barbarians wielding weapons with slow Whirlwind speeds should try and keep their whirls very short, so as to take full advantage of the 4th and 8th frame "free" hits. Hold down the Whirlwind button and hover the cursor just right after the place where the Whirlwind starts. The free hits are taken and almost immediately after it, the Whirlwind stops. Then, since the Whirlwind button is still being pressed, a new Whirlwind starts and we get back the free hits of frames 4 and 8. Keep doing this in a triangular pattern. By using this technique you minimize the time under which your weapon slows down whirlwinds. This tactic is used by many Barbarians online and is nicknamed "The Dance of Death". This is because you keep spinning close to the target, not zig-zagging in long lines back-and-forth.
When dual-wielding, both weapons try to score a hit against the target. In other words, the game does a hit-check for each weapon. Since both weapons are given the chance to score a hit, the damage done over time is roughly the sum of the damage of both weapons, which is comparable to the damage done whirling with a two-handed weapon. The effect of weapon speed in dual-wielding Whirlwind is as follows. While a target is in range, one of the weapons' speed is constantly used to calculate the next hit-check frame. If there's no target in range, the game will alternate between weapon speeds to calculate the next hit-check frame. The best way to make sure you have maximum Whirlwind speed when dual-wielding is to use weapons that both reach the final breakpoint, like for instance a Lightsabre phase blade and a colossus blade with 40% IAS.
Whirlwind will not stop until you reached your destination (ground or a monster). If you clicked on a monster that flees, Whirlwind will not stop until you reached the monster, or the path becomes blocked by obstacles. It is possible to become stuck in Whirlwind over many screens. This is an issue, especially in hell difficulty, because it can lead you to unexplored areas with monsters. So try clicking on the ground but not on the monsters. Again, Whirlwind will not stop even in occasions that normally stop you. Stun attacks will have no effect, and knockback will not knock you back, even if your weapon breaks, it will be broken after Whirlwind ends. Whirlwind will not stop even if you take damage enough to kill you. You WILL die after the Whirlwind state ends. So it is possible to avoid death by a quick save and exit.
Back to top Go down
TheWesDude
Very Active Member
Very Active Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/26/2010, 1:02 pm

ok, seems i was wrong, when dual wielding it does try to swing both weapons, but your next hit frame is chosen at random of the base speed of each so your WW frame counts are totally random and unreliable.

meh i was wrong. sue meh
Back to top Go down
deadmeatbh
V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   6/26/2010, 1:17 pm

TheWesDude wrote:
ok, seems i was wrong, when dual wielding it does try to swing both weapons, but your next hit frame is chosen at random of the base speed of each so your WW frame counts are totally random and unreliable.

meh i was wrong. sue meh
lol'd good thing i didnt buy i phoenix
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Nick-Name : Cody

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   7/4/2010, 6:06 am

I've been building a hardcore frenzy barb to a rather great success actually. Trick to it is all how you balance yourself out. Obviously not dying is #1 on the list of things required in my build but I can also solo hell chaos in under 4 minutes without any panic situations. I use dual griefs for weapons along with fort and a2 pride merc. works good in all situations and I can also solo baal runs. if you see me in the channel Tranquil is the barb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?   

Back to top Go down

Weapons for pvm frenzy barb?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1